Reverse Osmosis Systems use a process that reverses the flow of water in a natural process of osmosis so that water passes from a more concentrated solution to a more dilute solution through a semi-permeable membrane. Pre and post-filters are often incorporated along with the reverse osmosis membrane itself.
- Outstanding water: RO technology has the ability to remove 95 to 99 percent of total dissolved solids as well as chlorine taste and odor.
- Low cost: RO produces delicious water for pennies per gallon which can save you money over buying bottled water.
- RO performs a separation without a phase change, the energy requirement is low.
- RO is compact, and space requirement is less than with
other desalting systems.
- No Ion particles can be allowed to enter through the semipermeable membrane.